Introduce Yourself

Hi all, my name is Tyler and I’m a digital marketing professional educated in journalism and mass communication. I’m very interested in how behavioral design is applied to the technology we use today, and in data- and research-backed innovations to improve our relationships with our devices and with each other. Digital marketing has exposed me to just enough data analysis, UX, UI and behavioral science to leave me wanting much, much more.

I’m here to network with other enthusiasts, to build relationships and be exposed to opportunities. Shameless plus–if you’re applying or researching behavioral design, captology, and communication and persuasive sciences and you need another set of hands, hit me up. I’m looking to help!

1 Like

Hey everyone, my name is Lowell Cohen and I work as a Product Manager for the World’s First Online Social Ecosystem, Numanity. Numanity is looking to make an imprint on Humane Technology by creating an experience that brings environmentally and socially conscious individuals together to heal humanity. Outside of Numanity, I am continuously trying to educate myself on Humane Tech and try to incorporate those concepts into my own life.

Feel free to hit me up if you wish to connect and engage more in Humane Tech related discussions. The times we are living in call for the urgent need for Humane Tech. Having looked at the discussions within the Humane Tech community, it is evident that Humane Tech needs to be implemented.

4 Likes

Hi @LoCo1994!

Welcome to the community!

I’m interested in knowing more about Numanity. Is there a website our explanatory video about the project?

1 Like

@swanderl we are still refining our Branding and Messaging based on Market Research. Which includes the website and explanatory video. But I am more than happy to explain to you the concept of Numanity.

Thank you @LoCo1994! We will continue talking on the private message you sent me.

Oops… I should have come HERE first…!!
Please read: my Bio (here)
Have a Grreat Day…!!
:smile:

Hello everyone! I’ve been a part of the HTC for a few months but realized I never introduced myself here.

I’m Rebecca (she/her) and I am a UX Researcher in Vancouver, Canada. I have a keen interest in how to create humane tech as my company moves into the product space and am in the process of defining how we can ensure products are “humane” through research. I am also interested in how tech plays a role or should play a role in government and democracy - I’m thinking about options for doing a Master’s degree in this area in coming years.

Currently I’m reading Surveillance Capitalism by Shoshana Zuboff and I have How to Do Nothing by Jenny Odell on my up next. What are you reading?

I enjoy being a part of this community, seeing the discussions happening, and creating space for me to think to myself about what I believe about technology.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: What will you be reading in 2020?

Hi All! My name is Emilio Freire, I am a graduate student in physical education and involved in football coaching. I have no tech background but have been studying the link between football and the onlife manifesto as a research project for the last two years and came by HTC at the start of 2020.

At the moment I am developing an online course for the general public to think about what it means to be human in a hyperconnected era. My main sources of inspiration are Luciano Floridi, Yuval Harari, Humane Tech, mindfulness (Kabat-zin) and autopoiesis (Humberto Maturana).

As I live in Brasil, the course will be offerred in Portuguese but would love to speak more about make humane tech and thoughts on living onlife acessible to all.

Emilio

Ps: I love to speak about football (soccer) and the relations to technology and cybernetics

1 Like

Olá Emilio!

Welcome to the community! It’s good to know that you’re developing an online program for the general public. When you have more info feel free to post it in the community so we could know more about it.

Best,

2 Likes

Hello Everyone, I’m David and i’m a programmer, i found Humane Technology surfing the web for alternative phone OS and then kind of got stuck with it for a while, i’ve almost finished a small app that could help having a more health relationship with the phone, once i finish it i might post it on the forum to take some feedback

Thanks all for this great form and source of tips about tech, and obviously for all the great people that are here

1 Like

Hello Everybody,

I’m Dominic, a long time lurker here. I recently finished a PhD in computational psychology, looking at models of learning from recurring decisions and evaluating how they cope with individual differences.

Coming from a physics background I have always been interested in the emergence of formal and informal social conventions, from greeting customs all the way to formalised legislative decision-making systems. I am keen to help develop discourse systems that result in more constructive social conventions.

I believe recent technologies give us an opportunity to rethink how we structure ourselves, allowing for more decentralised decision-making and feedback systems.

I have a lot to learn from you all and I hope I will be able to support you.

1 Like

Hello @djhunt,

Welcome to the community!

Social conventions are fascinating because of the ramifications of its impacts to society as an integrated complex system.

It’s good to have you in the discussions.

Welcome @djhunt! Don’t hesitate to post, like in the Best Practices / Humane Design categories. You intro inspired me to post about Argument Maps, which you may find interesting :slight_smile:

Hi, I am Rio. A web-app developer! :wave:
One thing I have to say and speak on is about how I found this place. I actually wanted to do what the CHT does. I didn’t even know there was something like CHT. I searched a lot and Github is what brought me here. I wanted to build a different kind of app. And I wanted to meet and network with the open-source community. So ever since I found this community I can’t fully express what I am finding. I am overwhelmed by CHT.
Anyway I am going to be an active member of this community. Helping this movement in what ever I can. I’m building my developer skill at the same time too. So a win-win for all. You could follow me on Twitter or Linkedin! :smile_cat:

And here’s my first contribution for the CHT community. :innocent:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community, Rio, and thank you for writing the article :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Camila James and I’m a WordPress Expert. A WordPress fanatic by day and a reader by night, I Enjoy exploring the ever-changing world of Technology, Development, and eCommerce. Being a Tech Savvy and Enthusiast I usually enjoys giving Reviews on Technology ideas and topic. I decade an experience to my current role where I am dedicated and inspiring the Tech world.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Mehret Biruk, and I’m a digital wellness coach with a passion to teach, inspire and empower individuals to discover the pleasures of the offline world.

A long time critic of the attention economy, I began my journey towards digital wellness seven years ago when I deleted my Instagram account to take back control of her time and attention (that was back in 2013– oh, how time flies!). That decision jumpstarted my interest in learning about how social media, our digital devices, and the Internet in general impacts our social, psychological, and physical well-being, and what we can do about it.

For years now, I have been learning about the attention economy and the psychological consequences of the digital world in our lives. I’ve been sharing the knowledge I’ve gained on my personal blog, and is the host of Toronto’s Digital Wellness Meetup group.

As a digital wellness coach, my main goal is to TEACH, INSPIRE, and EMPOWER individuals to began their journey towards a healthier digital life and experience the Joy(s) of Missing Out.

I have my MA in Sociology, and my background includes, research, mental health, peer counselling, program coordination, and community leadership.

3 Likes

It’s nice to have you in our midst. Welcome to the community, Mehret!

1 Like

Hi I’m Will, an autistic dad to a 12 year old boy and 15 year old girl.
Always fascinated in technology from an early age.

Have to admit this increased my awareness to the footprint I leave, and what I am sharing.
backed up my data from instagram, pinterest and twitter platforms and deleted my accounts.

Still working on Facebook.

2 Likes