👋 Introduce yourself or check-in for 2022!

Welcome in the community team, Justin :hugs: I’ll follow up…

I joined the forum at the very start, and later organized the Humane Tech Community (HTC) as an independent grassroots group working bottom-up to address the harms of technology, whereas the Center for Humane Technology (CHT) was working strategically, top-down, like a thinktank. Initially we had the same objective of “Triggering a Cultural Awakening” but later repositioned more ‘modestly’ (but still very large in scope) and primarily solution-oriented to “Build the Pyramids of Humane Technology”.

Initially extremely worried (still am) about the tech trends in our society, my interaction with this community was the start of a journey that opened whole new realms for me. By opening up to positive developments and actionable solutions I became aware of a world of opportunity.

I gave up an upwards career path in IT, having worked in many different roles, and for the past couple of years I have dedicated doing community work, humane tech and free software advocacy and exploring decentralized (non-blockchain) technologies. I became passionate for FOSS and found a home on the Fediverse: a decentralized social network based on open standards, and a veritable field lab and playground for humane technology. Where Mark Zuckerberg dedicates to building some technocratic Metaverse, ‘fedizens’ dedicate to creating a PeopleVerse with a unique and diverse culture.

Nowadays you can find me all across the web and in many communities, such as SocialHub, Solid Project, Fediverse Town, Lemmy and Forgefriends.

5 Likes