I just published a book called Data Dictatorships. Here's a free copy for you

As many of you know, my book Data Dictatorships has just come out. I talked with some of you in this forum via private messages. And I’m grateful for the help… Special thanks to @aschrijver and @micheleminno

For the last year I’ve been banging my head against the wall trying to understand the complexity of our current situation with the technological disruption. And this book contains all the answers I have found along the way.

Forget about fake news, election interferences or being watched on the Internet. The reality is much more chaotic, complex and dreadful than that.

The truth is that data has become the raw materialization of power, and this is making dictatorships more efficient than ever before. Few dare to say it, but liberal democracy is likely going to die. (At least as we know it.)

But I believe if we start global conversations about this, maybe we can change things. And these conversations could start as small as a thread in this forum.

I hope you can find the time to check out the content of this book. And it would be great if we could start a threat talking about these threats we’re facing.

If you just want to grab a free copy, here’s the electronic version for free. I believe that the ideas discussed in this book are so important that I’m willing to give it away for free. So here’s the link–download it, share it, but please let’s start a conversation about this:

EPUB:
https://borjamoya.com/books/Data-Dictatorships_The-Arms-Race-to-Hack-Humankind-Borja-Moya.epub
MOBI:
https://borjamoya.com/books/Data-Dictatorships_The-Arms-Race-to-Hack-Humankind-Borja-Moya.mobi

And of course, if you’d like the paperback version here it is. But again, you don’t have to buy it.

I hope you enjoy my small contribution to the world.

6 Likes

Excellent!

I will be sure to give your book a read, as I was just looking for another E-book to read today. Exciting to see members in this community spreading their own form of the Humane Tech message out to the general public.

I will be sure to let you know what I think of your message!

Cheers sir,

AB

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ll definitively read it!

Thank you @_adambartley @swanderl I hope you enjoy the book. Let me know what you think when you read it!

1 Like

You got my attention :wink:

1 Like

You can download the PDF and MOBI files but you cannot open it.

Hi @richard1, you need an ebook reader to open these files. (I’ll create a PDF as soon as I can.)

There are a lot of apps that allow you to read epub and mobi formats. I recommend you Calibre (https://calibre-ebook.com/), it’s free.

1 Like

Thanks @borja. I’ve been using ebook reader to open it after downloading but I try Calibre.

1 Like

Wow Thank you! Will be definitely reading. Sounds really interesting and super relevant.

2 Likes

Thank you @ruth.zem

Good news. My book has gotten to the front page of Hacker News:

2 Likes

Congratulations on writing this great book, Borja! More awareness on the dystopic society we are creating for ourselves - with open eyes, I might add - is sorely needed.

Your announcement of the book did well on Hacker News. Here is the discussion thread:

Thanks Arnold! The book did surprisingly well on Hacker News. I highly recommend reading the comments–they’re very insightful.

1 Like

Thank you, I added it to my reading list and prioritized !

1 Like