Humane tech for developers

Interesting, thanks for posting @abuikis.

I am planning to start with Golang, and I have a slight smile on my profile picture, so I’ll fit right in :grin:
Github is a platform that I really like in terms of functionality they provide, but it also has some worrying aspects:

• Though Git is decentralized, all the dev productivity tools on GH are not, and they are increasingly forming a walled garden.
  • All the products and services are free for OSS use. But are they really free, or are we the product again?

After the Microsoft acquisition a flourishing ecosystem of alternative code forges has grown. One that people are not really aware of because of the dominance and network effects of GH. Gitlab is well-known, but fewer people know about Gitea or Sourcehut. (I favor Codeberg, which are all FOSS, a gitea instance).

Re: Programming languages. The focus on developer happiness is interesting. Happy developers might create happier software, and be more aware of humane technology aspects. Downside to measuring happiness is the metrics (PII) collection, which is a privacy concern.

I would still like to discuss with @ibaldo how to measure ‘flourishment’ characteristics in software and software tool. See Human Flourishing Design Guide: the science of well-being in the service of technology design