CHT Artwork & Goodies Contest - General discussion

It would be fantastic if we’d have some apparel, pieces of clothing with beautiful CHT artwork on it, to attract attention to Humane Technology and our great community! Therefore I propose we launch:

The CHT Artwork & Apparel Contest

Which great things of beauty and power can we come up with to show our commitment to Humane Tech, and make others aware of our cause?

Activism alert: Help design CHT Artwork :statue_of_liberty: that conveys our Mission

Are you a graphic designer? Do you have ideas for artwork and great slogans? Then chime in, and join the contest.

Create some artwork, or sketches and add them to this topic. The final artwork that gets the most likes is the winner of the contest. But any of your contributions can be used in our awareness campaigns, and are greatly valued!

This community is still rather small, but I expect it to grow significantly in the near future. You might get some real attention for your art, maybe even become famous! :smiley: :wink:

Licensing, copyright and attribution

As in all original work you automatically retain the copyright. In addition I suggest you select an appropriate license for your work. Though not required I suggest you select a public domain creativecommons license.

A good license would be Creative Commons for Non-Commercial use, and either with or without Attribution requirement. Use this handy tool to find the best option.

What compelling prose and symbolism is most appropriate to help us reach our goals?

Activism alert: Brainstorm for powerful Symbols :peace_symbol:, Slogans, and Hashtags

I challenge all of you to come up with best, most gripping slogans and symbols, as well as hashtags to use in social media awareness campaigns. Slogans that convey the urgency of our mission, or are just really funny… everything that draws the right attention.

I’ll pose the first idea for a hashtag, but I am sure you are much more creative than me :slight_smile:

#MUSE #OnceMore

Make Us Socially Engage Once More! Join The Center for Humane Technology Now!

How can we make our wonderful creations available to members and the wider public?

Activism alert: Help find a low-cost solution to create and offer CHT Apparel :tshirt:

I know there are many great companies that print T-shirts and the like at low-cost and have great online tools as well as webshops to make this really easy. Your help is needed to select the best one! Let’s try to find the one that complies best to Humane Tech principles and reward them with our patronage :blush:

The requirements are:

• Low-cost - in production as well as sales prices (but humanely produced)
  • World-wide delivery - our (current and future) members are everywhere!
  • Easy-to-use - preferably a DIY web app where you can bring all things together easily

(Note: Do not use this to advertise arbitrary products and services. Be serious on this!)

How can we best reward your great suggestions and contributions?

Activism alert: Brainstorm for and Donate nice Prizes :trophy: for contest Winners

To make this contest really interesting and competitive (in a good way) it would be fantastic if we could come up with some nice prizes for the winners and 2nd + 3rd places in each of the above activism categories. Do you have an idea? Are you prepared to donate a nice gift or gimmick? Then chime in!

The prizes should probably constitute something digital, because the winners can be from anywhere on our great planet. On the other hand a real-world artifact would be most fitting to CHT.

So unleash your creativity! Let’s have some fun, everyone!

Note 1: I’m not affiliated to CHT organization, just a moderator. This initiative should be entirely grassroots, without disturbing the CHT employees from their important work!

Note 2: With 4 separate activism alerts this thread may get messy, so please stay on-topic! If this thread gets too long, unwieldy, I may create a Github repository for it to coordinate our work (Github will be part of the official CHT toolset, when that becomes available, and I can then transfer the repo if needed).

Note 3: The contest remains open as long as needed, depending on participation. An end date that we all agree upon will be announced some time in the future.

1 Like