Considering writing a book on creating humane technology & business

I think there is certainly a good opportunity to write a proper, useful book about the subject as youi describe it. Especially the holistic aspects - there’s much more at play than just the business itself - and in general the whole way of thinking about work, startups and - much less - about human values and life fulfillment, even meaning of life.

Some of the mindfulness + tech stories are full of platitudes, while other aspects of this might / could / should be commonsense. I am not in the ‘formal’ Mindfulness things, but am adopting what I call ‘practical mindfulness’. (I wrote a linkedin article about it recently: The Fifth State of Optimism).

Other than that most business-related stories, are either BS success stories, or they deal with ‘work, work, work’, VC-style startup culture. You find these constantly on Hacker News i.e. “Why my startup failed”, “How I made $100k in 3 months” and just today “The truth about starting a startup”. Also today, very funny, “How to run a ponzi scheme for tech people”.

Yes, indeed. All the things you mention are a new original take on the subject, and quite interesting I think.

You can test-drive this in a blog post series. Or did you already start with that?

PS Did you vote already? Poll: Choose your most-liked Theme for HTC Website Redesign - #2 :wink:

1 Like