I realize you are all very busy, and most of you didn’t see time to jump in the fray yet, So I will mention some very easy ways you can help the community and our Campaigners team to grow, that cost you little to no time.
1. Spread our ‘future plans’ announcement
The announcement last Sunday presents our mission and future plans and contains a Call to Action. You can share it in your own social media networks, or directly mention it to friends and acquaintances. Maybe you can post it on your company’s intranet, or in Whatsapp groups.
It is literally copy/paste/publish, and you can add this comment above it (or similar):
Worried about negative side-effects or our quickly evolving technology, like social media and smartphone addiction, privacy and fake news? Want to work on providing solutions? To “Re-Align Technology to Humanity’s Best Interests” …
Here’s how you can become a Humane Tech Activist:
This is the link to share:
2. Interact with our social media channels
Even if you are not active on social media it would help greatly if you just followed some or all of our channels:
- Follow the community on Twitter. We are here: @humane_tech_now
- Follow us on the Fediverse (using Mastodon, Pleroma, or others). We are here: @mastodon.social/@humanetech
- Follow our LinkedIn organization. We are here: Humane Tech Community
- Join our LinkedIn group. We are here: Humane Tech Community
- Follow our Instagram account. We are here: humanetech_community
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel. We are here: Humane Tech Community
- Join the Facebook Time Well Spent and Center for Humane Technology groups
And when you encounter HTC posts on a channel, then:
- Give them your Like, Share them, and/or Comment on them!
- Found an interesting forum topic or post? Click the ‘Share’ icon and directly share on your own FB and Twitter
We have to create a network effect, after which it will be much easier to create a following.
3. Interact with the community forum
Seeing activity leads to others being more active too.
- Create the occasional topic or post when you encounter an interesting topic
- Share a link to an article or website and surround it with some introductory text
- Give a Like to new and old contributions of other members that appeal to you
Growth hacking gets easier together
As you can see the above actions are very easy, not time-consuming. I take my periods of idle time here and there to add followers to our channels, and post occasionally, slowly building up our presence. You can do that too …